11.05.2011

Wuthering Heights, Fritz Eichenberg


Today's vintage book is not a children's book, (It could certainly be read by a teenager though) but the classic story of Wuthering Heights. I'm showing this book because of the phenomenal wood engravings by the uber talented Fritz Eichenberg.









I won't be straying from my usual format of vintage children's picture books.
However, once in a while I may show something like this, especially if it's an artist who has illustrated children's books.

If you would like to view previous posts on Fritz Eichenberg, click here for Ape in a Cape or here for A Child's Christmas in Wales.

5 comments:

  1. Yes! I have this and a matching Jane Eyre that he illustrated. (I was very excited when I found them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Jane Eyre book too. I felt that same when I found mine, though it's been awhile, I still remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved these engravings. A friend gave us the Jane Eyre one when my daughter Charlotte was born.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice gift! Fritz Eichenberg was just incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brilliant!! Thanks so much for sharing these! Such treasures.

    ReplyDelete